Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Wedding Menu

Ok – yesterday I mentioned a wedding menu. Here is the spread that is hoped for

3 or so meat dishes
2 or 3 salads
vegetable trays
fruit tray or fruit salad – something with fruit
a vegetarian dish for the vegetarians
a green bean dish
rolls and / or bread
wedding cake (kind of a duh, but I figured I’d list it for sake of completeness)
dessert tray – cookies, candies, mini-cupcakes, things like that
punch (there are at least a couple people coming that are in AA, so this will be a non-alcoholic wedding. Also, nothing raspberry – the bride can’t stand raspberry)
soda for those who want no punch

Also, I believe the budget I quoted yesterday is also for the disposable plates, cups, and flatware, so this is supposed to get pulled off for around $500, lets say.

I would like to do this. I believe I’ll have time to take care of it from a job perspective – nothing huge is planned for the next few months, and my projects should be done by mid September at the latest, as things stand right now. I’ve found some recipes that will probably work (like the green beans with basil vinaigrette I posted yesterday). But to be honest?

Never catered a wedding before. Never cooked for 100 (or so) people before either.

So any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

No comments: