Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Oh Yeah - Before I forget.

I’ve got a wedding to cater. Possibly.

I say possibly because I don’t know what my workload is likely to be in the months leading up to the wedding – namely September and October, as the ceremony is the 29th of October – and I don’t know if I can pull it off with the budget provided. I’m looking at feeding 100 people (80 to 100, according to the bride) on about $600.

Can it be done? Maybe. I don’t know this for certain, mind you, it’s just what I keep thinking in the back of my head – it is entirely possible to do this, I just need to figure out how to do it.

A green bean dish was requested by the bride, along with everything else. I was looking over my recipe list and found this one, which might work for the meal very well, depending on what else goes on the table.

Green Beans with Basil Vinaigrette

2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small sweet onion, sliced
1/3 cup sliced almonds

Place beans in a large pot and pour in just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Meanwhile mix together vinegar and next five ingredients and mix well. When beans are done combine with onion and pour vinegar mixture over, then toss to coat and sprinkle with almonds.

Notes from the Hare


I might post the bride’s suggestions for the various dishes later this week – anyone who has suggestions is welcomed – make than encouraged – to drop Ox and I a note.

No comments: