Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Hare Returnes - With Vegetables

Finally!

I do apologize for the lengthy lack of recipes. On occasion my day job gets incredibly busy, and the last couple of weeks have been exactly that.

To celebrate my return to the kitchens, I present you with two vegetable dishes tonight. The first is a quick and simple salad that showed up in my in-box a while back. The second is for vegetable kabobs. One of my friends asked if I could find one for him

Oriental Cabbage Salad

Serves 2

1/4 small head green cabbage
1 1/2 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted

Combine the cabbage, scallions, oil, and vinegar. Toss well and chill until ready to serve. Add the sesame seeds and toss again before serving.

Source: my e-mail inbox...Originally from teh South Beach Diet, I believe.

Grilled Vegetable Kabobs

Serves 8

2 zucchini, cut into 2" chunks
2 yellow squash, cut into 2" chunks
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned
2 red and green bell peppers, cut into 2" chunks
2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
2 ears sweet corn, cut into 2" chunks
16 whole cherry tomatoes
8 ounces teriyaki sauce

Wash vegetables except mushrooms. Brush mushrooms clean. Prepare vegetables according to recipe. Cook corn in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Toss vegetables in teriyaki sauce. Thread vegetables onto skewers. Place on grill over medium-hot heat. Baste occasionally with teriyaki sauce. Grill 20 minutes or until tender.

Source: www.cooks.com

Notes from the Hare

Nothing specific about the food this time – I’m just glad to be back.

No comments: