Monday, February 21, 2005

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

Although I know I found this recipe online, I haven’t been able to re-locate it anywhere. Luckily I saved a copy for myself.

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

Serves 3

3 ½ cups chicken broth (roughly 2 14 ounce cans)
1 cup water
¾ cup dried fine egg noodles
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 cup cooked chicken or turkey
1 cup fresh peapods, halved crosswise, or half of a 6 ounce pack of frozen peapods, thawed and sliced crosswise

In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, water, noodles, soy sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in the sweet pepper, carrot, and green onions. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and noodles are tender.

Stir in chicken and pea pods. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes more or until pea pods are crisp-tender.

Notes from the Hare

Nothing this time - ,mainly because I haven’t made this in a long while and I didn’t play much with it the last time I made it.

It’s good for a cold, though – that I can attest to.

No comments: