Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Chicken Experiment

I played around with some chicken today, with OK results.

I found this cranberry mustard at Meijer's yesterday, so I made a sauce / glaze for some chicken by mixing the cranberry mustard with a little orange juice (I'd guess 1/3 cup of the cranberry mustard to 1.4 cup of OJ) and added some Italian seasoning to it (a few generous shakes). This I poured over the chicken and baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

I forgot to baste, so the glaze didn't cover the chicken as well as I would have liked, but other than that it was relatively tasty. I'll probably play with this a little more later in the week – in my head I see something thicker on the chicken, so I probably need to adjust my proportions a bit. Less OJ perhaps. Possibly different spices as well – the Italian didn't really match up well with the rest of it. Or possibly I need a different liquid to thin the mustard a bit. Soy sauce maybe?

Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: