Friday, June 23, 2006

Orange Glazed Chicken

I made this the other night, and found it delicious, so I thought it would be good to pass it along.

Orange Glazed Chicken

Serves 1

1 tablespoon all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon orange marmalade
½ cup orange juice
Dash of ground nutmeg

Combine the flour, salt, and pepper and coat the chicken breast in it. In a skillet, heat the oil on medium: brown the chicken on both sides. Spread marmalade on top of chicken and sprinkle with nutmeg. Add orange juice and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.

Source: Cooking for One or Two, copyright © 2003 Taste of Home Books

Notes from the Hare:

I substituted five spice powder for the nutmeg, since I kind of forgot I didn't have any nutmeg.

No comments: