Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Cranberry Chicken

I love chicken.

It’s one of my favorite foods. I’m particularly fond of fried chicken, but a really good baked chicken is always a tasty treat.

I also happen to love cranberry sauce, and cranberries in general. SO you can imagine what I thought of a recipe that combines both chicken and cranberry sauce

Cranberry Chicken

Serves 4

1 can (8 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
½ cup Russian salad dressing
1 tablespoon dried minced onions
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 pounds of chicken

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce, salad dressing, onion, garlic salt, and pepper.

Rinse the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Place chicken pieces in a baking dish. Pour cranberry mixture over the chicken

Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Transfer chicken to platter. Skim the fat from the juices, then spoon the juices over the chicken.

Source: What’s For Dinner? From Better Homes and Gardens Books © 1995

Notes from the Hare

I haven’t played with this recipe very much – I like it too much as it is.

Russian dressing can be devilishly hard to find – if anyone knows of a good substitute I’ve like to hear about it.

No comments: